Pope Benedict XVI declared a Year of Faith. This Year of Faith is from October 11, 2012 to November 24, 2013. This is a special year when all the faithful are called to renew their commitment to the faith. This year also marks the anniversaries of the Second Vatican Council (50 years ago) and the publication of the Catechism of the Catholic Church (20 years ago).
What can one do to celebrate this year? This year provides one with an opportunity:
- to read and pray more with Scripture
- deepen our knowledge of the teachings of the Church
- reflect on the gift of faith;
- strengthen our faith through reception of the Eucharist
- and open “the door of faith” to others in our lives.
Links for the Year of Faith
Year of Faith Homepage – http://www.annusfidei.va/content/novaevangelizatio/en.html
USCCB Page- http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/how-we-teach/new-evangelization/year-of-faith/saints-for-the-year-of-faith.cfm
The 6 C’s of Confession –http://www.fathersforgood.org/ffg/en/husband_wife/archive/6cs_confession.html